until it is done."
– Nelson Mandela
"BRAINSTORMING YOUR HOOK"
An Interactive College Essay Workshop
If you ask any high school junior or senior what makes them most nervous about writing their college essay(s), you can be certain, "deciding what to write about" will be at the top of their list. With endless possibilities, many students find the task of picking their essay topic(s), both overwhelming and challenging, often leading to procrastination in getting started.
During this 4-hour, small group workshop, students embark on a journey of self-exploration where they will discover new things about themselves and identify their core values and aspirations, leading them to find their deepest story – their hook. The story that will leave admissions officers, intrigued, inspired and interested. From there, students will learn valuable tools and techniques to most effectively write and structure their essay.
In this 4-hour interactive essay writing workshop, students will:
- Learn about themselves and discover their deepest story- their hook(s)
- Decide what story or message they want to tell
- Learn how to best structure their essay according to the story they plan to tell
- Learn the step-by step process for writing their story
- Learn a variety of strategies and techniques to write a deep and insightful essay
- Learn ways to convey what they’ve achieved without bragging
- Gain confidence in their writing and revising abilities
- Leave feeling accomplished, relieved and ready to write!
THE BENEFITS OF SMALL GROUP WORKSHOPS
Getting college essay guidance has never been easier! The CAP admission experts will present their most popular college essay workshop to your private group of 4-8 students, in the location of your choosing. With this option, students get individualized college essay guidance without the price tag that typically comes with a personal essay coach. Additionally, students benefit from working in unison with their own peer group which provides a safe environment to explore and brainstorm their deepest stories.
Minimum Students: 4 Maximum Students: 8
Note: If you are interested in hosting a small group workshop with less than 4 students or more than 8 students, please contact the CAP team for options and pricing.
The pricing for this small group interactive workshop is based on the total number of participating students.
4 Students= $200 per Student
5 Students= $160 per Student
6 Students= $135 per Student
7 Students= $115 per Student
8 Students= $100 per Student
ADD-ON OPTION: "REVIEW, REVISE, & REFINE" ESSAY GUIDANCE
Once students have their essay topics (hooks) figured out, the writing process begins! Students who participate in a small group workshop may purchase the "Review, Revise, & Refine" Essay Guidance option which provides individual review, revision and refinement guidance by a CAP college admissions expert for the student's main college essay.
Price: $175 per student
Add-On Terms: This offer may be purchased separately by each student, either before the workshop or within 2 days of attending the small group workshop.
Please Note: Under no circumstances will an essay be written or revised by the Consultant or Essay Specialist
A total of 5 consecutive hours is needed for this small group workshop. The duration provides for:
- 30 Minutes of Setup
- 4-Hour Workshop
- 30 Minutes of Clean-Up
HOSTING AND LOCATION SPECIFICATIONS
To ensure a successful and stress-free workshop, it is important the location of choice meets the following specification requirements:
- A quiet, private, and distraction-free environment
- Available for 5 consecutive hours
- Accessible Wi-Fi
- Seating and comfortable writing area for the number of student participants
- Adjustable lighting
- Minimum of 2 accessible electrical outlets
- Laptops are highly recommended, but not necessary
- A light sweater or jacket as room temperature may not be adjustable
- A positive attitude and open mind
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Reservations are made by a "Host" parent/guardian who serves as the main point of contact for the reservation.
- The "Host" is responsible for ensuring all location requirements (noted above) are met and all participants have the necessary information needed to successfully participate in the workshop.
- To reserve a date and time for a small group workshop, a non-refundable deposit of $150 is required.
- One consolidated payment in full for the workshop must be received a minimum of 14-days in advance of the workshop date, with one payment. Reservation fees may be paid by check or credit card.
- Once payment in full is received, the number of participants may not be reduced.
- Reservation Requests for small group workshops are submitted online. Every attempt will be made to accommodate your 1st and 2nd date preferences. Reservations are not considered "confirmed" until the host speaks with a CAP admissions team member.
- Once your reservation request is submitted online and reviewed, a CAP team member will contact the designated host within 2 business days.