"BEST-FIT COLLEGE LIST"
An Interactive Workshop
Deciding where to attend college is perhaps the most important choice a student has to make; and with close to 4,000 colleges in the United States to choose from, deciding which colleges to apply to can be a confusing and overwhelming process.
By having a clear understanding of their own academic, social, physical, and financial preferences, students have the power to build a college list that is thoughtful, balanced, and best-fit. A best-fit list ensures students will have multiple admission options at the end of the admissions process and whichever school on their list they decide to attend, their chances of academic success at their new school will be great, as it was carefully considered before being added to their best-fit list.
This small group workshop provides students with one-on-one guidance by the CAP admission experts who will help students to identify the key qualities to determining what best-fit means to them. From there, they will begin the college search process and begin building their best-fit list.
The workshop provides students with individualized guidance by CAP admission experts who will help them identify key qualities to determining what best-fit means to them.
By the conclusion of this workshop, students will:
- Understand what "best-fit" means to them
- Have a preliminary list of best-fit colleges
- Understand how to continue the research process to build and refine their best-fit college list
- Have an arsenal of the best non-travel college research resources
THE BENEFITS OF SMALL GROUP WORKSHOPS
Getting help on building your best-fit college list has never been easier! The CAP admission experts will present this workshop to your private group of 4-8 students, in the location of your choosing. This option provides students with professional college admission guidance without the price tag that typically comes with a personal college consultant.
Minimum Students: 4 Maximum Students: 8
Note: If you are interested in hosting a small group workshop with less than 4 students or more than 8 students, please contact the CAP team for options and pricing.
The pricing for this small group interactive workshop is based on the total number of participating students.
4 Students= $300 per Student
5 Students= $240 per Student
6 Students= $200 per Student
7 Students= $170 per Student
8 Students= $150 per Student
A total of 5 consecutive hours is needed for this small group workshop. The duration provides for:
- 30 Minutes of Setup
- 4-Hour Workshop
- 30 Minutes of Clean-Up
HOSTING AND LOCATION SPECIFICATIONS
To ensure a successful and stress-free workshop, it is important the location of choice meets the following specification requirements:
- A quiet, private, and distraction-free environment
- Available for 5 consecutive hours
- Accessible Wi-Fi
- Seating and comfortable writing area for the number of student participants
- Adjustable lighting
- Minimum of 2 accessible electrical outlets
- Laptops are highly recommended, but not necessary
- A light sweater or jacket as room temperature may not be adjustable
- A positive attitude and open mind
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Reservations are made by a "Host" parent/guardian who serves as the main point of contact for the reservation.
- The "Host" is responsible for ensuring all location requirements (noted above) are met and all participants have the necessary information needed to successfully participate in the workshop.
- To reserve a date and time for a small group workshop, a non-refundable deposit of $150 is required.
- One consolidated payment in full for the workshop must be received a minimum of 14-days in advance of the workshop date, with one payment. Reservation fees may be paid by check or credit card.
- Once payment in full is received, the number of participants may not be reduced.
- Reservation Requests for small group workshops are submitted online. Every attempt will be made to accommodate your 1st and 2nd date preferences. Reservations are not considered "confirmed" until the host speaks with a CAP admissions team member.
- Once your reservation request is submitted online and reviewed, a CAP team member will contact the designated host within 2 business days.